Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
About the Internships
CHRE Internships cover a variety of thematic topics, primarily in the fields of environmental and human rights. The program offers unique short and long-term opportunities for dynamic and self-motivated individuals to conduct research, fieldwork, training, and participate in other CHRE program-related activities. Internships will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis and will be intermittently posted on CHRE’s website as they become available. Internships are generally conducted independently from a location of choice by the intern.
In 2012 CHRE went to a virtual setting, eliminating our permanent office in Cordoba Argentina and greatly reducing our carbon footprint. In 2015 CHRE’s headquarters moved the United States. We now work entirely online and through ad hoc in-person meetings. As an intern you are free to choose your place of residence.
CHRE does not provide funding for internships. CHRE Interns are expected to secure funding from sponsoring institutions. CHRE will gladly provide recommendation letters for pre-selected candidates.
How to Apply
Interested parties are encouraged to send a preliminary letter of inquiry providing:
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum 2 pages, including academic and professional experience).
- Relevant academic and/or professional references.
- Language skills (Spanish preferred but not mandatory).
- A brief (one page) description of your areas of interests indicating what you hope to achieve from CHRE Internships.
Current Issue Priorities (this list is not exclusive)
Ongoing Internship Opportunities
– Fast Action Climate Mitigation and Short Lived Climate Pollutants Policy including on local air quality, environmental justice, port emissions, urban heat, etc.
– Brick Kilns / Research on Identifying Advances in Brick Kiln Emissions Reduction Policy
– Methane and other Oil/Gas Emissions Awareness Building and Advocacy
– Communications / Web Design
– Cryoactivism: General Glacier Protection / Glacier and Permafrost Advocacy
– Advocacy on Rock Glaciers and Permafrost Protection in California’s Sierra Nevada
– Your Own Topics of Interest; You must show relevance to CHRE’s work
Please send inquiries to: email@example.com, Attention: CHRE INTERNSHIPS.