Publications by Jorge Daniel Taillant
- Forthcoming: Jorge Daniel Taillant (2019), Glaciers in the Anthropocene: Why Glacier Melt Matters, Oxford University Press.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2015), Glaciers: The Politics of Ice, Oxford University Press.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2013), Amicus Brief (to Argentine Supreme Court): Impacts and Risks of Mining to Glaciers and Periglacial Environments in the Aconquija Mountains, in Catamarca and Tucumán Provinces, in relation to Agua Rica y Filo Colorado mining projects(Spanish),
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2013), Barrick’s Glaciers: Technical Report on the Impacts by Barrick Gold on Glaciers and Periglacial Environments at Pascua Lama and Veladero, CHRE.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), A Definition of Glaciosystem (Spanish), CHRE.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), The Periglacial Environment and Mining in Argentina,
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), Impact to Rock Glaciers and Periglacial Environments by the Los Azules mining project (McEwen Mining), CHRE.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2011), Impacts to Rock Glaciers and Periglacial Environments by the Filo Colorado (Xstrata) and Agua Rica (Yamana Gold) mining projects,
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2011), Impact to Rock Glaciers and Periglacial Environments by El Pachón (Xstrata),
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2011), Preliminary Report: Glaciers, Rock Glaciers and Permafrost in the Del Carmen (Malbex of Canadá) mining project area, San Juan Argentina, CHRE.
- Glaciers and Periglacial Environments in the Diaguita Huascoaltino Indigenous Territory. Chile. 2012
- Report on Glaciers and Mining in La Rioja Province of Argentina.(English Summary)
- The Democratization of Glaciers. In Hydra (in Spanish, in Hydria, No.41, 2012). pp.17-19.
Presentations and Related Glacier Protection Advocacy
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), The Human Right … to Glaciers?, CHRE
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), Glaciers of the Cryosphere, CHRE.
Prepared for Middle School Level – 7th Graders-
The Course (ppt) (Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6)
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2012), Nationally Aired Television Program in Argentina on Glacier Vulnerability, El Trece.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant, Megan Glaub & Suzanna Buck (2015), Human Rights and the Business of Fracking,
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2007), Human Rights, Development and Climate Change Negotiations: Why A Structural Shift in Negotiations toward Adaptation Makes Sense, CEDHA.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2004), Human Rights and Environment: Riding the Wave of Change and Opportunity in the Americas, CHRE.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2002), Guidelines for Civil Society Advocacy on Human Rights and Corporate Behavior, CEDHA.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2001), Environmental Advocacy and the Inter-American Human Rights System, CEDHA.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant (2000), Environmental Discrimination: Issues and Themes, CEDHA. https://center-hre.org/doc24/
- Jorge Daniel Taillant & Jonathan Bonnitcha (2009), “International Investment Law and Human Rights”, in Sustainable Development in World Investment Law, Kluwer International.
- Romina Picolotti & J.D. Taillant (Eds), “Linking Human Rights and Environment”, Arizona Press, 2003.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant, “The Human Rights Dimension of Corporate Social Responsibility in Latin America”, New Academy Review, 2003.
- The Human Rights Dimension of the World Bank’s Energy Policy. For BIC. 2011.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant, “A Nascent Agenda for the Americas”, in Human Rights Dialogue, Environmental Rights, Spring 2004, Series 2, 11.
- Jorge Daniel Taillant, A Rights Based Approach to Development, presentation to theWorld Social Forum Seminar on Globalization and Human Dignity, March 2, 2002, Porto Alegre.
- Romina Picolotti & Jorge Daniel Taillant (2000), “Human Rights Accountability of Private Business: A Question of Sustainable Development”, Int’l Council on Human Rights Policy. https://center-hre.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Acountablity-of-private-businesses-a-quiestion-of-sustainable-development-and-human-rights1.pdf
- Jorge Daniel Taillant & Romina Picolotti, In the Wake of Discussions on Reforming the Inter-American Human Rights System: Behind the Scenes at the OAS, In El Futuro del Sistema Inter-Americano de Proteccion de Derechos Humanos, Instituto Interamericano de Derechos Humanos(Eds. Juan Mendez y Francisco Cox), 1998.
- Comments to The Report of the Special Representative of the Secretary General on the Issue of Human Rights and Transnational Corporations and other Business Enterprises, John Ruggie. Human Rights, Environment and the WTO.
- Comments to Proposed IFC Performance Standards Review (2010-2011): General Comments, Climate Change, Human & Rights